Employers: Did You Know?
Careers Springboard West Berkshire is a self-help club for professionals, executives and managers, typically aged 45-plus, in the West Berkshire area who are seeking a new job. Therefore:
- If you are making employees redundant - whether or not you provide outsourcing help, our programme can support and encourage your former employee in their job-seeking efforts.
- If you are recruiting - our members are a pool of skilled and experienced professionals, managers and technical staff immediately available for full-time, part-time, project or interim management roles. See the list below of examples of current or former members to whom we can circulate your vacancy.
- If you are seeking personal development opportunities for some of your staff - why not encourage them to volunteer for a speaking or advisory rôle; several of our volunteers are in full-time employment.
Remember - Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006 make it unlawful to discriminate against employees and potential employess on grounds of age. Our members are generally aged 45-plus and have accumulated many years of valuable skills and experience. Further information about the value of older workers can be found at these websites:The Third Age Employment Network - www.taen.org.uk, the Employers Forum on Age - www.efa.org.uk.
If you would like to find out how we can help you in any of these areas, please contact our employment liaison office Lesley Adams, Email: email@example.com.
Members Seeking Work
Below are short profiles of some of our recent job seekers (some names anonymized; the list is a sample only):
- Mike - A creative professional with extensive media company experience.
- Pauline - An experienced lawyer and manager in a major IT company.
- Stephen - An agricultural estates manager with over 20 years experience in this field
- Tony - A systems developer who also has recent experience in technical support and user training
- Mary - An operations manager who has managed complex field operations in the UK and overseas for the military and NGOs.
- Nick - A business process analyst whose business improvements have led to significant cost savings for a telecomms company.
Some of our recent leavers have secured the following jobs:
- Site Engineering Manager, Engineering Company
- Account Director, Marketing Agency
- Demand Planner, Household Goods Company
- Security Manager, Public Sector
- Chief Executive, Regional Charity
- Project Portfolio Manager, International Oil Company
- Market Development Manager, Western Europe, New Media Company
- Business Analyst and Project Manager, Insurance Company
- Senior Consultant, Environment Consultancy
- Senior Development Manager, New Sector, Telecommunications Company
If you want us to circulate your vacany please contact our membership liaison officer, David Skyrme on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01635 254151.
Careers Springboard is a volunteer group, not an agency, therefore there is no charge for this service.
This page last updated 6th August 2014
Important Notice - The information and advice given on this website or by our volunteers is given in good faith. No responsibility whatsoever shall attach to Careers Springboard West Berkshire or any person acting on its behalf for any actions taken by any person acting on this information or advice.