This page tells you how we collect and use the personal data of job seekers who have registered with us and how we comply with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For a printer-friendly version of this policy download the PDF version.
1. Information we collect
The information about you that we collect is:
- That on your application form - name, contact details, details of former job, your redundancy and how your found out about CSWB
- On an ongoing basis we keep details of your attendance at our meetings and of any 1-on-1 support sessions you have had with our volunteers
- Feedback from you on our meetings - though this is anonymous and does not include your name.
2. How we use your data
The main use of your data is to enable us to communicate with you - primarily using email. Specifically this includes:
- weekly emails with meeting notes and handouts
- urgent emails with details of cancellations or changes of meetings
- following up on your current job seeking status.
Additionally, we aggregate individual data to provide summary statistics and analyses to help us make grant applications and also provide information to our existing funders. Examples include:
- number of job seekers helped during a given period
- reasons for leaving
- average attendance at meetings
- length of stay with CSWB and reasons for leaving
All this data is anonymised and does not identify individuals by name.
3. Who we share your data with
Even though we are part of The Foundation for Job Seekers network, they receive only summarised statistical data from us, and no names or details of our job seekers. Should we wish to share your personal data in future (e.g. if we use a third party platform to maintain our records) we will request a specific opt in from you.
4. How long do we keep your data?
We keep your data on file for 2 years after you formally leave us, either through notifying us (e.g. you have found a new job), or your failure to respond to requests for updates on your status. This allows us to keep alumni informed of news or special events from CSWB. You can request (via membership@careerswestberks,org.uk) to be removed earlier or to remain on our emailing list for longer.
5. How we protect your data
Currently your data is held on a single PC which is password protected. In the event of any breach it is our duty to report it to you and also the Information Commissioners Office.
6. Your right to access
Under GDPR you have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information. You make such data access requests to email@example.com. Access requests are free of charge and we will respond within one month.
This page last updated 19th April 2018
Important Notice - The information and advice given on this website or by our volunteers is given in good faith. No responsibility whatsoever shall attach to Careers Springboard West Berkshire or any person acting on its behalf for any actions taken by any person acting on this information or advice.