There are a large number of online resources for job seekers and like many internet resources, some are very good, but many are of dubious value. Here are just a few of our favourites:
- BusinessLink - formerly a face-to-face support organisation, this is now online help at the new government portal; an ideal starting point if you're thinking of setting up on your own rather than getting a job.
- Action Words for your CV - from the careers advice pages of Kent University. It also has a lot more information on writing good CVs
- LinkedIn.com - the professional's 'FaceBook'; an important resource for networking your way to a new job.
- Skills Health Check - a self-assessment tool, originally created by the LSC, but now adapted and hosted at the National Careers Service.
- CV and Interview Handbook - a book by Sue Tumelty, published by Which?
- Networking Your Way to a Dream Job - article by the author Katherine Hansen.
We have many more resources and additional information on each topic on our registered users pages for CSWB job seekers. To become a registered CSWB job seeker you must sign up and come to our meetings to receive the current user name and password for access.
This page last updated 27th March 2013
Important Notice - The information and advice given on this website or by our volunteers is given in good faith. No responsibility whatsoever shall attach to Careers Springboard West Berkshire or any person acting on its behalf for any actions taken by any person acting on this information or advice.